CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 4, 2011

Chew On This

"Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise ~ the fruit of our lips that confess His name" (Hebrews 13:15).


There is no greater fruit, none that is more pleasing to God the Father, than the fruit of our praises. To exalt His name, to sing His praises, to lift our hands and offer up our hearts, is the ultimate purpose for which we were called. In those moments when life is a struggle and our praise is not found in our circumstances, it is then that our hearts and thoughts are challenged to focus only on how great God truly is. It is in those moments that our praise becomes a holy sacrifice and we remember that all our fruit-bearing efforts are dependent on Him and not us...and He gets all the glory!

Dear Lord, forgive me for using my lips to grumble and complain when things don't go my way. Instead Lord may I remember You have been good to me. May I offer a praise of thanksgiving to bless and honor you with my words. In Jesus Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. I look forward to reading what you have to say. God bless you! Dori