CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 10, 2012

Hush and Forgive

I wanted to share an experience I had this past week. I received an email from a friend that really tested my discipline and obedience to Christ. When I began reading the email, my heart started to race. That was my first clue that I needed a moment to step back before I reacted. Ever been there? Someone says something to you that rubs you the wrong way? If you are like me, in those times you may have wanted to fight back. I struggled for a moment on what I should do. I even began writing a reply email expressing my opinion.  Before I could finish the email, I heard the Lord say, "Don't do that." I knew He was right. It wouldn't do any good to send back a reply because the battle was not mine.


Oh after making that decision--to step back--the devil began working over time on my mind. Saying things like, "if you don't do something, this person will think their point of view was right." "Why don't you say something??" Well devil, its like this, "Get thee behind me!!" Come on y'all...you know what I mean. The devil likes to yip-yap in our ear to get us to do things in disobedience to the Lord. He started his trickery in the garden of Eden when he faked Eve out....and she fell for it.


So what am I saying today? My point is simple: it is better to "hush" when someone offends you or says hurtful things to you and let God handle it. Do the right thing. We know that a kind word turns away wrath. Do we want to be a part of the devil's strategy to bring strife into our situations? I don't know about you, but I surely do not.  I don't want to be on his team.  I want to be a woman who pleases God.


If you are holding on to something that someone said that has hurt you to your very core, I understand that it is difficult to work through those feelings. But the thing is that the longer we take to make a decision to forgive the longer we stay in the wilderness fighting a fight that could easily be won. Forgiving doesn't mean we don't feel the hurt feelings but we have to manage our emotions by refusing to give the devil any ground in our life.


That's it. This is what I feel the Lord wants me to share today. If this message hits you or you are struggling with something that has been difficult to let go, would you go to the Lord in prayer and wait on Him? Forgiving someone is a process. It takes active faith each day to decide in your mind to forgive. Put a stake in the ground on that issue, and say "I choose to hush and forgive."


May God bless you all abundantly!


Most Sincerely,
Dori






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. I look forward to reading what you have to say. God bless you! Dori