CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Spontaneous? Me? I Think So!

I am a planner.  This trait can be good or not so good.  I seem to be breaking out of my shell lately.  I feel freer these days.  Not weighted down by much.  Very thankful for the rest God is giving me following difficult years past.  It isn't like me usually to do spontaneous things.  I don't exactly like that about myself I don't think.  I use to do those types of things when I was younger, throwing caution to the wind.  I chuckle here because I didn't do something like bungee jumping today.  Or skydiving.  Or take a long trip on the spur of the moment.

I just took Judah to a place called BounceTown.  Had no plans to do this.  Just dropped everything (all the housework, dishes, laundry, meal planning, etc.), grabbed my boy, and headed over there.  I'm glad I did.  We spent an hour and a half running, jumping, falling, sliding, laughing, and bumping into each other while working our way through the bouncy obstacle courses.  Yes, I was sweating by the end of it.  I was the only mom running through these courses like a crazy girl trying to keep up with Judah. 

I felt like a kid again.

I pushed myself to keep up with my little guy.

Joy was bursting through watching Judah conquer it all.

I was at peace.

Having fun.  Thinking of nothing but just enjoying my time with my son.






At one point, when we stopped for a snack, all I could do was stare at my child's face.  Thanking God in my heart for this moment with him.  No rules.  No instruction.  No schedule.  Spur of the moment actions are good from time to time.  That was me today.  I think I could get use to this.

Grace & Peace,
Dori






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. I look forward to reading what you have to say. God bless you! Dori