CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Giving Thanks

Thanksgiving is a holiday that well, makes people think about all they are thankful for. This is a no brainer. I've watched the build up on facebook as my friends and family noted the many things they are thankful for. I hopped onto that train by posting my own thoughts on what I am thankful for too. When we take a moment to focus on the many blessings we have in our life, the things that aren't going as well naturally fade a bit in the background.  Just food for thought. 

Thanksgiving 2012:  My recap of the many things to thank God for.

A new job.  Last year was so different from this year.  In a moment the momentum shifted in our family.   A new job for my husband.  What an amazing gift God gave to him.  Not only is he working, but all of his life he hoped to work in a job that gave him meaning.  God granted him his heart's desire.  And mine, which was that God would open the door for him to work in a field that takes him far away from the corporate world.  Done.  God, You are so good to us.

A new car with no car payment.  I have to admit, sometimes when I ask God for something I need, my mind cannot fathom how my request will be granted.  My faith has grown so much as I've seen Him miraculously move in my life.  My brother in law graciously gifted to us a reliable car that has low mileage, and is even a bit sporty (Ryan likes this).  The sweet part of this deal was that the car was already paid off.  Another prayer request answered.  To God be the glory.

Sweet Relationships.  Two years ago I got involved with a MOMS group.  I had no idea the plans God had for me within this group.  Not only have my relationships with wonderful friends blossomed, but God has also opened many doors for me to speak and encourage these beautiful women in their walk with Him.  In doing so, my own life has been enriched.  It is rare to find a few good girlfriends with whom you can develop strong relationships.  I'm truly blessed to have so many in my life.  A true gift from God.

Our boys.  I've seen so much growth in our boys this past year.  Judah is talking in complete sentences (though sometimes one needs a special ear to understand).  Now we have two boys chattering away all the time.  It is non-stop, and oh so enjoyable to have them to listen to.  Asaiah is in first grade, and loving his school experience so far.  This is something to be very grateful for indeed.  The boys love to play with each other.  They are becoming fast friends.  They keep me on my toes.  I think I am teaching them so much about life; however, I think I'm the student most of the time.  Children are the purest blessing from the Lord.  Amen.

My dear husband.  We just celebrated our 7th year of marriage.  That really isn't a long time compared to many of my friends who have been married for 30+ years.  However, I'm grateful, oh so grateful for the years I've had with Ryan thus far.  In all my life, I've never met someone whose had such a rock solid commitment to me.  I love him deeply, and look forward to many more years living my life with him.  

Personal Growth.  This year I've made some huge leaps in my personal life.  I'm thankful that I am sensitive enough to recognize the areas in my life that need to change.  I don't ever want to walk this life with a blind eye, missing out on opportunities for me to grow in my faith and in my life.  I want to be kinder.  More loving.  Compassionate.  Prayerful.  Patient.  Strong.  Courageous.  And willing to step out of my comfy, cozy Christian existence. 

The thing about Thanksgiving is that we see so many people become more giving, and expressive about what being thankful means to them.  My hope though is that we as a people can carry those expressions and acts of kindness into our area of influence all the year through.  Father, kindly sir, please keep this thankful heart alive in me.  Holy Spirit speak to me each day and remind me each day to acknowledge the blessings in my life.  I pray for each one reading my thoughts that they too will take the challenge to be thankful for all You've given to them beyond just this time of year.  Amen. 

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Many blessings on your day,
Dori Price